Thanks for your interest in writing for the SCM Blog. We’re always open to submissions from cool people (and businesses) doing cool things in the world of small business and marketing, who can also engage our readers with a great story! Think you’re up to the task? Keep reading.
Our target audience / readers
Our readers are founders and owners of fast-growing:
- Services Businesses (coaches, consultants, accountants, etc.)
- Software (SaaS) Startups
- Online Course Creators
Topics of interest
We’re particularly interested in guest contributions that focus on any of the following:
- Stories of generating leads/sales through podcasting, live streaming, content marketing, clubhouse, Tiktok, social media marketing, email marketing, PPC, personal branding, or other
- Unusual or uncommon marketing strategies/tactics
- Systemizing operations/functions of the business
- Building remote culture, growing a team
- Building an online community
- Other topics that would be helpful for our audience
Guest post guidelines
A few things to remember before submitting your guest post:
- Guest Post must be about one of the topics which we have mentioned above.
- Write content that is solely focused on quality and adding value for readers. Include step-by-step instructions that readers can implement themselves. Ideally, a reader should fully understand your topic, without needing to read another post. Bonus points if you share an actual case study of an experiment that you did with the process and the results achieved/lessons learned.
- Give industry insights and data to back up your points.
- Only submit Plagiarism free content (Copyscape Passed).
- Submit new and original content only that isn’t published anywhere else. We will suspend collaboration with bloggers that don’t meet this requirement.
- Submitting an article grants us a license to use, edit, and modify the content.
- You agree that you shall not be entitled to any monetary compensation in connection with Your Content.
- Author will be provided with a do-follow link through the author’s profile only.
Article writing & formatting guidelines
- Primary keyword: Your chosen keyword should be well-aligned with the search intent behind your topic as well as relevant to this site.
- Article length: minimum1,200 words
- Write your post with Google Docs. This is the easiest way for us to provide feedback suggestions and convert your content into a WordPress post
- Stick to H2 and H3 subheader levels. This helps keep formatting clear and simple.
- Sentence length: make sure 80% of sentences are less than 20 words.
- Paragraph length: make sure that paragraphs are 2 sentences long max.
- Active voice: make sure 90% of sentences contain active voice (instead of passive voice)
- Flesch Reading Ease: Aim for a score of 80+ using this test. Make shorter sentences, using less difficult words to improve readability. Once you’ve written your text, copy and paste it all into this tool and see what score you get. Then follow the suggestions to improve the score)
- Links: all internal and external links should be embedded within the text itself
- Add 3x links to related articles on other people’s sites that are ranking well in Google (links to your own website will be removed)
- Add 5x links to other posts/podcasts on simplecreativemarketing.com
- Include screenshots (data to back up any claims of results achieved) and/or a royalty-free image related to your article. Your image should be sized 1024 x 512 pixels. Our favorite image sites are Pixabay and Unsplash.
How Can I Submit a Pitch?
Keep in mind that most pitches are ignored because they don’t follow our guidelines. So make sure to read this page thoroughly before wasting your time or ours with a sub-par pitch.