Learn how to build a successful creative business with Jim Shields, Founder and Creative Director of Twist and Shout Communications
Jim went from being a theatre stage assistant to stage comedian, and used his expertise in the performing arts to start up his own creative business. He’s been at it for over 25 years.
In this session of Transitions Podcast, I speak with Jim about his entrepreneur journey, and how he was able to combine his multiple talents to create a service that helps corporate clients sell their otherwise dull products and services.
Listen and Learn:
- How to find the commercial value of your creative skills for your ideal clients
- The importance of authenticity & networking in the performing arts industry
- How to manage the challenge of handling the admin operations of a creative business
- Why rapid business growth is not healthy for a creative business
- The importance of storytelling to business success
- “The world needs creatives more than ever. Creatives can solve big problems in a leap.”
- “We are hardwired to remember stories, not hardwired to remember a bullet list of things or a bunch of data.”
- “If you don’t need so much, you don’t have to do so much and you can spend time to do what you love”
- threeguysbook.com – Jim’s book on how to thrive as a creative business
- twistandshout.co.uk – Jim’s creative business helping corporates inject a twist of comedy into their products and services
- Momentum Warriors – Join our private Facebook Community of 200+ creatives, entrepreneurs and changemakers to support & motivate each other to take action!
Did you enjoy this?
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please feel free to share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I’d also be VERY grateful if you could rate, review, and subscribe to Transitions Podcast on iTunes. Or, if you use Stitcher, you can leave a review right here.
That all helps a lot in ranking this show which means more people get to listen and learn from it, and that would be super appreciated. And if you have any comments or questions, leave a comment below!