Meet this week’s awesome entrepreneur: Meryl Johnston, co-founder of Bean Ninjas – a Xero bookkeeping service for online businesses.
Meryl and her co-founder Ben McAdam were able to build a $100k business in just 8 months. In this episode of Transitions, I talk to Meryl about her journey so far and some key lessons that she had along the way.
Site note: We’ve been helping Bean Ninjas with their content marketing so it’s been a real pleasure to follow their growth journey and to be able to play a part in making that happen.
Listen and Learn:
- How Meryl transitioned from auditing to running her own consulting business, and why a consulting business is a great first business to have (but not the best to scale).
- The key elements for a successful monthly subscription business (also referred to as a “productized service”).
- How Meryl and Ben were able to get to $100K in their first 8 months of business.
- The importance of working with the right co-founder, getting your co-founder agreement in place, and the elements of a good co-founder agreement.
- The top frustrations small business owners have with bookkeeping and why accounting is powerful for fast-tracking your business growth.
- Beanninjas.com – No more bookkeeping headaches from only AUD$99 per month. Great for online businesses and entrepreneurs who don’t have the time or desire to figure out accounting, bookkeeping or how to use Xero.
- Don’t risk it: Get your Co-founder Agreement right
- Bean Ninjas Growth Report April 2016
- 7 Day Startup – Launch a business or project in 7 days
Did you enjoy this?
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please feel free to share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I’d also be VERY grateful if you could rate, review, and subscribe to Transitions Podcast on iTunes. Or, if you use Stitcher, you can leave a review right here.
That all helps a lot in ranking this show which means more people get to listen and learn from it, and that would be super appreciated. And if you have any comments or questions, leave a comment below!
Originally posted 2016-06-29 11:07:47.